Monday, February 16, 2009

Listening to "The Cool" by Lupe Fiasco, browsing through the blog of some friends (http://www.mademonarchs.com - check it out), I decided to try the blog thing out myself.

I've got a deep love for music and an exponential amount of exposure to it as the Music Director of UMSL's student-run station "The U" (http://www.umslradio.com - check that out too), so maybe just maybe there'll be some unique perspective I can offer regarding my favorite artists/albums/tracks.

As far as my tastes specifically, I tend to rotate frequently between punk rock, hip-hop, and reggae. To put this whole deal into context, I'll list a few favorites:

Punk - Rancid, The Clash, US Bombs, NOFX, Lars Frederiksen & the Bastards, Distillers
Hip-Hop - Lupe Fiasco, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Common Sense, The Roots, MF Doom
Reggae - Aggrolites, Bob Marley, Desmond Dekker, Derick Morgan, The Slackers, Tim Armstrong
Other - The Good The Bad & The Queen, Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros, Tom Waits, Frédéric Chopin, Gorillaz

I think that about covers all the bases of a first blog post, wouldn't you say?
I'm outty 5000, fools.
Peace.

-Mike-

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010/2011 WaitinForTheDJ.

Home: WaitinForTheDJ.org