Sunday, October 25, 2009


After only just discussing the issues with the video for "Universal Mind Control" (and how much more fitting the original video actually was), I was a bit surprised to find that Common and Co. have released a second video from the UMC album.

This one's....a bit odder. It's called "Make My Day" (ft. Cee-Lo). Sort of reminds me of a bad Modest Mouse video -- and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Still, it's a bit better than a robot Pharrell in my opinion (maybe I just like this song a lot better?). The "UMC" video just didn't seem to fit the styles of an artist like Common.

All-in-all, the entire album just didn't fit his style as it was displayed throughout the rest of his entire career. Luckily for fans, Com Sense has announced that his next album will be straight hip-hop again, going back to his roots.

Can't wait.
-Mike-

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010/2011 WaitinForTheDJ.

Home: WaitinForTheDJ.org