Sunday, February 6, 2011


This is one of the simplest, yet most bizarre stories behind a project being released that I've ever heard.  Essentially, 88-Keys needed space on his hard drive but didn't have a disc to backup old shit on.  So, in a charitable move, he decided to just throw it all up on the internet, delete it off his computer, and be done with it.

Awesome!

Here it is in his own words:
“I needed a disk today + I didn’t want to drag my lil’ ‘Looki’ outside this early = OPERATION: DELETE BEATS was now in full effect… So here they go for your amusement. By no means am I saying these are the freshest batch of beats you’ve ever heard or anything but these were all unfinished ‘ideas’ I laid down 7+ years ago & never went back to....

Old-ass beats I've recently come across which are now being ERASED!!! Farewell old beats... It was nice creating you. RIP”
I guess this means we can expect some new shit from 88 in the near future.  It's also nice to get a unique insight into the evolution of his skills.  7 years is a long ass time.

Check it out here for free!...

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010/2011 WaitinForTheDJ.

Home: WaitinForTheDJ.org