Pharoahe held a listening session recently for his new album where he revealed the full tracklisting, the album artwork, and of course divulged some of the sounds for those elite enough to be considered worthy.
This is kind of an odd shape for an album cover. Maybe he's going to drop it in the form of a magazine/art booklet? Who knows. That would be pretty wicked though.
As far as the tracklisting goes, he's got some great producers on here, mixed with a few I haven't heard before. Good range of features too - everything from Immortal Technique to Jill Scott.
Check it out:
1. The Warning feat. Idris Elba (produced by Pharoahe Monch)
2. Calculated Amalgamation (produced by Lion Share Music Group)
3. Evolve (produced by Exile)
4. W.A.R. feat. Immortal Technique & Vernon Reid (produced by Marco Polo)
5. Clap (One Day) featuring Showtyme & DJ Boogie Blind (produced by M-Phazes)
6. Black Hand Side featuring Styles P & Phonte (produced by Mike Loe)
7. Let My People Go (produced by Fatin “10″ Horton)
8. Shine featuring Mela Machinko (produced by Diamond D)
9. Halie Selassie Karate featuring Mr. Porter (produced by Sam I Am)
10. The Hitman (produced by M-Phazes)
11. Assassins featuring Jean Grae & Royce Da 5’9 (produced by M-Phazes)
12. The Grand Illusion (Circa 1973) featuring Citizen Cope (produced by Adam Deitch & Eric Krasno)
13. Still Standing featuring Jill Scott (produced by M-Phazes)
W.A.R. (We Are Renegades) is definitely shaping up to be a solid album. I'm excited to hear some new shit from Pharoahe. The latest material he put out that actually had me moving was the track he did with RZA on the BlakRoc album.
Definitely check this one out when it drops on March 22.